Monday, May 26, 2008

IN MEMORY OF...

I just wanted to honor a couple of people that
I think the world of on this memorial day. The
following are poems that I wrote in honor of them....


















OUR GRANDMA
Afton Mikkelsen Smith

She's a sister, wife, mother, and grandma of great
I'm her grand daughter of that I am proud to state
She will teach you how to stitch, iron, crochet, and sew
And from her house without a hug she won't let you go
Cookies in a jar, hard tack candy in her crystal bowl
keeping her family happy is grandma's lifetime goal
She loves her family and of them she is proud
And her family is getting to be quit a crowd
How is she dong she'll reply the same every time
"I'm short fat and sassy!" is her favorite line
I like to help grandma every chance that I get
To give back some of her love that I'll never forget
The love she shared with grandpa should be an example to us all
She treated him like a king and he treated her like a doll
I know I've learned from grandma and learning still today
There's just one final thing I would like to say
This is my grandma and I want her to know
I LOVE YOU GRANDMA! May your legacy grow!







ROBERT GLEN ISRAELSEN
It's going to be hard not having him here
And I'm sure everyone of us will shed a tear
But I know this holiday season his spirit is close by
Your dad was a hero and one heck of guy
Our memories of him will keep him close to us all
His present scratch and quit ways we need to recall
I see so much of him in you
Your tender heart and mannerisms too
You are his son of that there is no doubt
You'll keep his spirit alive and his memories about
His solemn ways his casual stance
Yes even the pee wee Herman dance
His camo pants you wear like a champ
And we'll remember him each time that we camp
His man size sneeze always made me jump
He'd chuckle at me and I'd feel like a chump
We now have a son who is his namesake
And I'm sure his parents proud he will make
He sees our son he'll watch him grow
He'll watch over him as well I know
He sees you too of that I am sure
And hopes one day we together become pure
He smiles down each time you succeed
And cries each time your heart is in need
He's proud of his son who's become such a man
Who provides for his family and helps whoever he can
He's there for you when the world gets to be to much
Or if you just need his help or his fatherly touch
I know you can't see him but he's watching you
Each hour of each day the whole year through

I LOVE YOU
I know you can't see me on Christmas or any other day of the year
But I want you to know I am with you and I am always near
I see your daily adventures I just want you to know
I watch you each day with your life I've seen your little son grow
You're doing a great job as a father so proud you're making me
My only wish for you is the joy on my face you could see
Soon you'll be getting a new one what a blessing for you all
A baby girl to hold onto, be sure to cuddle that sweet little doll
Give them kisses each day from their grandpa let them always know of my love
My memory never let them forget...And I'll continue to watch from above!!

4 Comments:

  1. The Tulloss Family said...
    Beautiful poems!
    Kimberlee said...
    Hey! This is Kim Myers Drew's cousin. I got your blog address off of Stacy's.

    Rachel, I loved the poems. You have talent. Those were beautiful!
    Stacey Crandall said...
    The poems are great, Rae!! You really do have talent and they are so fitting.
    Robyn said...
    Okay...you made me cry!! And, that is okay, except that I am at work!! :)
    You have great talent, and I am so jealous. I hope Drew knows how lucky he is to have you!

Post a Comment