Friday, November 14, 2008

Tis the season


So I have never lived in a neighbor hood when someone beat me to the punch with my Christmas lights hung. But it happened this year. So anyone that thinks I am nuts for decorating for Christmas so early had better talk to the neighbors across the street. They had me beat by a week. At least with their lights. I thought if I am doing the lights I may as well get it all done at once. So here at the Israelsen house it is the SEASON!!! I love Christmas and the excitement it brings to the kids. The neighbor boy came over last night to play with Robert and asked why we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving. He thinks since our Christmas decor is up we are just skipping the whole turkey thing this year. Growing up we always decorated the day after thanksgiving. Once I got married I started doing it a week or two before Thanksgiving because that weekend is our Anniversary. So if you need to get cheered up and in the mood come on over and sit around the tree with us!!!

1 Comment:

  1. Stacey Crandall said...
    Rae, Brent put up the Christmas lights today. We are early but it is so much easier to put them on when its warmer outside. I also usually decorate the weekend after thanksgiving, but since we will be in st george I think I may do it next weekend. How fun. I love having it up.... but I usually pull it all down the day or two after christmas. Early set up.... early take down.

Post a Comment